Round four is open for entries
So far, we have asked for your best beauty, character and environmental portraits. For round four – the final round in the Profoto Portrait Challenge – we are asking for your best self-portraits. How you approach this subject is entirely up to you, but, as this is a portrait challenge, a simple selfie taken on your phone is unlikely to cut the mustard. You need to think about the context, lighting, pose and treatment, and show the judges your creative vision.
You can enter up to three images (images will be judged as individual shots, not as a set), which can be taken indoors or out, with or without flash.
Each round winner will receive a Profoto Collapsible Reflector Large, and once we have our round four winners, an overall winner will be selected from those and awarded the Profoto A1: the world’s smallest studio light.
The closing date for round four is 11.59pm, 31 August 2018, and the results will appear in Photography News issue 59, due out from 10 September 2018. Judging will be done by experts from PN and Profoto.
Terms and Conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Bright Publishing Ltd and Profoto, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. Only enthusiast photographers, ie. those who earn 10% or less of their income from photography, may enter this competition.
3. Up to three images of people can be submitted per round, per photographer. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries may not be sent through agencies or third parties. Photographers can enter all four rounds.
4. Entries must be entered via the website, as JPEG or PNG files no larger than 2MB.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Bright Publishing Ltd and Profoto to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. All entries must be received by the advertised closing times and dates.
8. The final winner will be announced in issue 59, out 10 September 2018.
9. The judges’ decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and accordingly the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
11. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.