The overall winner of the Profoto Portrait Challenge will win the Profoto A1, plus there’s a prize – a Profoto Collapsible Reflector Large – for each of the four rounds.
Enter up to three images per round, and you could land a prize for winning the round as well as the chance to win the Profoto A1. The overall winner will be chosen from the four round winners.
The Profoto A1, the world’s smallest studio light, is a revolution in lighting. Key features include an onboard rechargeable lithium battery giving recycling times of 1.2secs or less, a uniquely shaped round head and integral diffuser for great modelling and a magnetic mount to accept a range of dedicated light modifiers. The A1 also has built-in integrated AirTTL that is fully compatible with Profoto’s mains and battery lighting systems for brilliant lighting results, whether in the studio or on location. Currently the A1 is available in Canon and Nikon versions.
Round 2’s theme is characters, and the subject can be male or female, shot indoors or out, with or without flash. To enter round 2, simply fill in your details and upload your shots before 11.59pm, 5 July 2018. Results will appear in Photography News issue 57, and round 3’s theme will be announced.
Terms and Conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Bright Publishing Ltd and Profoto, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. Only enthusiast photographers, ie. those who earn 10% or less of their income from photography, may enter this competition.
3. Up to three images of people can be submitted per round, per photographer. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries may not be sent through agencies or third parties. Photographers can enter all four rounds.
4. Entries must be entered via the website, as JPEG or PNG files no larger than 2MB.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Bright Publishing Ltd and Profoto to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. All entries must be received by the advertised closing times and dates.
8. The final winner will be announced in issue 59, out 10 September 2018.
9. The judges’ decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and accordingly the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
11. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.