Enter: World Press Photo Contest
Posted on Dec 7, 2022
Win up to €6,000 and get your work showcase to a global audience. Open to photojournalists and documentary photographers
Join the fun with the World Press Photo Contest, brought to us by World Press Photo Foundation. The contest celebrates the great work from the world of photojournalism and documentary, over the past year.
For the second year running, a regional model will separate entrants, including six regions: Africa, Asia, Europe, North and Central America, South America, and Southeast Asia and Oceania. Submit to a range of format-based categories, including, Singles, Stories, Long-term Projects, and Open Format. All information on the categories can be found here.
The judging process will go over several rounds across a six-week period, involving regional juries and a global journey, both online and offline.
The regional jury chairs are:
- Africa jury chair: Angela Jimu, Zimbabwe/Malawi, visual storyteller, co-founder and director, Zimbabwe Association of Female Photographers (ZAFP)
- Asia jury chair: Hideko Kataoka, Japan, photo editor, curator, educator, and director of photography, Newsweek Japan
- Europe jury chair: Kateryna Radchenko, Ukraine, curator, and director, Odesa Photo Days Festival
- North and Central America jury chair: Tomás Ayuso, Honduras,photographer and writer
- South America jury chair: Felipe Dana, Brazil, photographer and photo editor the Associated Press
- Southeast Asia and Oceania jury chair: Maika Elan, Vietnam, photographer and photo editor
The rest of the regional juries will be announced soon. Find out more about the judging process.
Winners receive €1,000 as a regional winner and an additional €5,000 as a global winner,as well as the opportunity to have work showcased to a global audience through the annual World Press Photo Exhibition, appearing in 80 countries. On top of all this, they will receive global media attention and exposure on social channels with over 2million followers.
All information on the prize package can be found here.
You have until 10 January 2023 to submit your images. Entry is free and open to all professional photojournalists and/or documentary photographers.
Find out more about the World Press Photo Contest here.
Don’t forget to sign up to receive our newsletter below, and get notified about the new issue, exclusive offers and competitions.