The new ultra wide-angle zoom lens features a compact and lightweight design
At a weight of 420g and an overall length of 99mm, with no barrel extension whilst focusing or zooming, Tamron’s new lens lends itself well to photographers with limited space, such as those who travel often.
The 17-28mm RXD offers a large f/2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range and delivers edge-to-edge high resolution and contrast. The lens combines ultra wide-angle focal length with a large, constant f/2.8 aperture, and has a minimum object distance of 19cm at the wide-angle end.
The new lens’s autofocus drive system is powered by the RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) AF motor unit that enables high-speed, high-precision and quiet operation when shooting both still photography and video.
Additionally, the lens features a moisture-resistant construction with a hydrophobic fluorine coating to repel fingerprints, marks and dirt. The 17-28mm RXD is also fully compatible with various camera-specific features including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
- Model: A046
- Focal length: 17‐28mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Angle of view (diagonal): 103°41′-75°23′ (for full-frame mirrorless format)
- Optical construction: 13 elements in 11 groups
- Minimum object distance: 0.19m (7.5 in) (WIDE) / 0.26m (10.2 in) (TELE)
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:5.2 (WIDE) / 1:6 (TELE)
- Filter size: φ67mm
- Maximum diameter: φ73mm
- Length*: 99mm (3.9 in)
- Weight: 420g (14.8 oz)
- Aperture blades: 9 (circular diaphragm)**
- Minimum aperture: F/22
- Standard accessories: lens hood, Lens caps
- Compatible Mounts: Sony E-mount
* Length is the distance from the front tip of the lens to the lens mount face.
** The circular diaphragm stays almost perfectly circular up to two stops down from maximum aperture.
The Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD lens will be available from UK camera stockists from late July with a suggested retail price of £899.99.
For more information, please visit Tamron’s website.