New Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD lens for Sony FE full-frame mirrorless cameras
The new ultra wide-angle zoom lens features a compact and lightweight design.
At a weight of 420g and with an overall length of 99mm – with no barrel extension whilst focusing or zooming – Tamron’s new lens lends itself well to photographers with limited space, such as those who travel often.
The 17-28mm RXD offers a large f/2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range and delivers edge-to-edge high resolution and contrast. The lens combines ultra wide-angle focal length with a large, constant f/2.8 aperture, and has a minimum object distance of 19cm at the wide-angle end.
The new lens’s autofocus drive system is powered by the RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) AF motor unit that enables high-speed, high-precision and quiet operation when shooting both still photography and video.
Additionally, the lens features a moisture-resistant construction with a hydrophobic fluorine coating to repel fingerprints, marks and dirt. The 17-28mm RXD is also fully compatible with various camera-specific features including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
- Model: A046
- Focal length: 17‐28mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Angle of view (diagonal): 103°41′-75°23′ (for full-frame mirrorless format)
- Optical construction: 13 elements in 11 groups
- Minimum object distance: 0.19m (7.5 in) (WIDE) / 0.26m (10.2 in) (TELE)
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:5.2 (WIDE) / 1:6 (TELE)
- Filter size: φ67mm
- Maximum diameter: φ73mm
- Length*: 99mm (3.9in)
- Weight: 420g (14.8oz)
- Aperture blades: 9 (circular diaphragm)**
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Standard accessories: lens hood, lens caps
- Compatible mounts: Sony E-mount
* Length is the distance from the front tip of the lens to the lens mount face.
** The circular diaphragm stays almost perfectly circular up to two stops down from maximum aperture.
The Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD lens is available from UK camera stockists with a suggested retail price of £899.99.
For more information, please visit Tamron’s website.