New Kenko AB600-R AI flashgun
Posted on Jan 31, 2020
The Kenko AB600-R AI flashgun features an automatic bounce function and is available in Nikon and Canon versions.
The new Kenko AB600-R AI is a high-powered, ‘advanced intelligence’ flashgun. Featuring an Auto-Bounce function, the flashgun automatically calculates the ideal angle to bounce light from a wall or ceiling, making for intuitive use. Users can also adjust the angle to their preference, based on the automatic calculation. The flash will remember it, even when turning the camera between landscape and portrait orientation.
Powered by an optional battery pack or 4xAA batteries, the AB600-R AI is powerful and diverse enough for most situations. It has a maximum guide number 60 (ISO 100 at 200mm) and a full range of light coverage angles from 18mm to 200mm.
A built-in radio transmitting and receiving unit also allows a master flash to control the bounce angle of the slave flash remotely, and off-camera and multiple flash shooting can be achieved with wireless control.
Kenko AB600-R AI specs
- Flash Modes: ADI / P-TTL / TTL / Manual / Strobe (1-200Hz), 1st/2nd curtain sync, high-speed sync
- Recycling Time: Approx. 0.1-3.5 sec (using NiMH batteries)
- AF beam assist: 29 point AF
- Exposure adjustment: -3.0 to +3.0 stops (TTL mode), Full power to 1/128 power (Manual mode)
- External Connections: Micro USB (for firmware updates) / Sync terminal / External power supply
- Dimensions (hxwxd): 196x80x62mm
Both Canon and Nikon versions of the Kenko AB600-R AI flashgun are on sale now for £400.
For more information, please visit the Intro 2020 website.